2009-09-11

Thank You, AFL-CIO

No, I haven't gone pro-union on the old conservative Roberts family, but I did have a great Labor Day, and I feel like I can at least thank them for an excuse not to work. (That's what unions typically do in my industry...think of excuses not to work).

We started the day with a trip on the Garrison Creek trail right off of the Natchez Trace, and only a 10-minute drive from our house. A quarter of a mile later we were up at the overlook, and took a break to enjoy some pecans, raisins, and a few moments to sketch a bit of God's creation. We then hiked the remaining mile and a half of the loop back to the car, and then headed to Puckett's Grocer for some lunch. Those from Birmingham will know that its hard to find good barbecue outside the shadow of Vulcan, but Puckett's is pretty good. Top it off with a little Blue-Bell ice cream and you're good to go.

Now that's what I call a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment