2009-09-04

"There all there" and "A visitor in the barn"

There All There
We had our ultrasound for the new wee little one last night. All the finger and toes were there, the heart has four chambers, the hearts beating good, etc., etc. So, praise the Lord for that. There are two people on the planet who know whether we have a boy or a girl, but unfortunately, Andrea and myself are neither of those two people. Don't you just love surprises?

A Visitor in the Barn
Upon arriving back home from the ultrasound, It was my chore to feed the goats for the evening. We've known for a few weeks now that we have had visitors to the barn at nights. Sometimes the garbage is strewn around. Oscar's bowl is usually on the floor. And someone stole our goat hobble (that's a nice invention made with velcro that keeps dirty goat hoofs out of fresh goat milk. Now we have to rely on sweet-talking).

Last night I caught our culprit red-handed. I was expecting a raccoon, because I knew they stole things, but it was actually a docile little possum. So docile in-fact that I completed all of my chores -- grain, hay, cat food, and water -- without him or her barely moving. Oscar didn't notice at first and was a bit shocked to see another creature on his table, but not so shocked as to interrupt a good meal.

If I could speak possum, I'd ask him to bring me my hobble back.

1 comment:

  1. Possum's are odd looking creatures. It appears the the dear lord got all spare pieces and put the possum together.

    It appears to me that a country boy like you could build another hobble.

    Sounds like wonderful news on the ultrasound.

    Give our love to the children.

    ReplyDelete