2008-10-01

Proud to Say I'm from Alabama

I just wish I could say that I voted there.

From the Nashville City Paper:
Alexander (Senator from TN) told his colleagues, "We've got to give the Secretary of Treasury enough money and enough authority to be able to buy all the junk in the middle of the economic highway and get if off the road and hope he is able to sell it for about what he paid for it, or at least to minimize our losses."

From an interview on CNBC:
"I believe the Senate will pass it overwhelmingly tonight," said Corker, a Republican [from Tennessee] who serves on the Senate banking Committee. Corker said in the interview that he was pleased with provisions for increased depositor insurance limits, adding he doesn't want to see any more measures added on.

From the Birmingham News (AL.com):
The two Republican senators from Alabama, Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions, are expected to oppose the $700 billion bail out.

No comments:

Post a Comment