2009-01-21

Are You Smarter Than A High School Dropout?

The answer here is yes. Not me of course, since I am game fully not employed by anyone and not a routine contributor to the economics of America anymore.

I am referring to the Vandy graduate who successfully reinstalled my computer to its rightful status. No thanks to Microsoft. You see, they wanted to upgrade my nividia graphics by wiping out the old and reinstalling the new. Unfortunately the old did get wiped out but the new failed to install. Similar to a flat tire being replaced by the spare doughnut that sits in the majority of cars these days. Close but not exactly, you have to watch your distance, speed and handling as it is a temporary tire at best. That is what resulted in my computer, close but not really good.

We all need to be aware of inventing something (Microsoft has it down pat) that everyone does not need but wants real bad. Years ago I thought that it would be neat if I invented something every person would want, that would fit in a pants pocket. Or clip onto a belt. I ultimately realized too late into the game that this devise was already in existence and it came into being since I have been working. I just did not realize it until way to late. The cell phone is what I refer to. When it came out, it was to awkward, too big and bulky for everyone. Now you see it and think, wow, it fits virtually anywhere and is loaded with stuff we do not need or even existed less than twenty years ago.

My pocket invention was right there in front of my eyes all along. I remember listening in loan committee many moons ago when an older banker, now retired relayed what a cell phone guy stated to him. In the future we would all have portable phones, the phone number would transfer to any new phone, etc. All that was so foreign to the older generation that they could not see it ever happening. Evidently to me as well. Perhaps I am the older generation.

Moral to the story here. One do be aware of any upgrade to your computer, Microsoft is a master at screwing up an already bad product that everyone must have. Second, look at every new product not as a mystery but as a potential to make money for you and your family in the future.

Kudos to number one son for the assistance. Is it five o'clock yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment