2009-03-16

Good cookin'

Well, I'm not sure I even come close to that, but I did enjoy my first time cooking in our renovated kitchen this afternoon/evening! I still need to take some good photos of the kitchen, which will come someday. Right now the kitchen has blue painter's tape on it and is still in need of a good backsplash, which will not be installed for awhile. Our goal is to have it completely done by the time mom/dad come visit for Mother's Day. So anyway, on to the meal. I made oven-fried chicken with oven-roasted vegetables, and capped it off with a banana pudding dessert. It turned out to be delicious, if I must say so myself (and I must, because Heather doesn't really post anything on here). So, although I don't use au natural goat milk or pluck the vegetables right from my deck porch like some people (you know who you are), I do still have within me some culinary skillz- but we'll use that term loosely:) Love to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive for someone who was also suppose to be babysitting! Geena must have had a good long nap to pull this off :} Happy the kitchen is finally about finished, it has been a long process for you guys. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You going to cook for us Memorial Day? Glad the house is finally coming together. Love you! Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of au naturale goat milk...yesterday, we unfortunately bought our first gallon of milk since probably June. Hard to believe, but the ole red-cap stuff is surprisingly watery by comparison.

    ReplyDelete