2008-08-12

First Day Jitters

As another school year starts (my 4th year to be exact...that means i'm tenured...wahoo) I am now sitting at home watching the Olympics and replaying in my mind how my first day was with a new group. I knew very little about this group of children except that I was getting one Autistic student. Since I knew very little about my class I was really quite nervous about what to expect. It turned out to be a great day, which will hopefully lead into a great year. As crazy as this may sound the success of an entire year typically has a lot to do with how good or bad the first week was. So here's to another year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never thought about teachers getting the first day jitters...I guess it makes sense. I always have a newfound sense of anticipation when I start a new project or a new class. Oh, and congrats on tenure! I love you lit'l sis!

    ReplyDelete