2008-08-23

Week 2: Vacation - Outer Banks, NC.

This is always a sweet time.  The waves were pretty weak this year compared to years past, but it made for some excellent diving!  I had an enjoyable time wearing my goggles and swimming around looking for "aerobies" that small children decided to launch 300 yards out into the ocean and watch them sink.  It also made for an excellent week for getting swimmer's ear!  I don't know if you've ever had this before, but it hurts like crap.  It's a bacterial infection that grows in your ear, and gives you a splitting headache!  Also keep in mind that we still weren't feeling so hot from Mexico!  I had to go to the doctor before leaving the beach, because I had summer camp to get ready for!  Before I go there, I should also mention that on Monday of vacation week, Heather and I checked the internet, continuing our seemingly endless search for a new place to live.  Well, a house that we both really liked and had seen twice dropped $50K in price.  It was too good to be true, so we contacted our realtor and proceeded to place a contract on the house, while 300 miles away from home on vacation!  Technology is awesome, but it also made our vacation a little busy and short.  I’ll post on short sales later, I've gotta get through the 5 weeks first.

No comments:

Post a Comment