2008-08-29

Week 5: Closing – Springfield, VA.

Friday, Aug 29th.  What a week…the 5 weeks are finally over, and none were more emotional or dramatic as this one.  After vacating our beautiful home, we awoke this morning in a friend’s house.  Heather was sad and I was happy, the exact opposite of where we were when we agreed to the contract on July 19th.  The day started off rocky.  We were rushing because we still had some items to get out of the house and into storage before the walk-through at noon.  And it was raining.  Pretty hard.  An ill omen for anybody, especially a pregnant couple who is saying goodbye to their first and honeymoon home.  I will replay some dialogue for you, just so you can feel some of the intensity of the day: B: “I’m really frustrated with you right now…(the rain beats down harder, at the same tone as my voice, and you can hear it wash down the open back door of the Jeep)”. H:…..........(glaring at me through tear-stained eyes).  B: “You hate me.” H: “I don’t hate you.  It just hurts. (accompanied by some expectant sobs).”  There you go- we spanned the entire Psalms concerning our emotions today.  There were happy laughs, sad looks and sobs, laments and praises, mean glares, great hugs, sweet prayers, many 'I love yous' and some holy kisses.  Through it all we remain faithful and hopeful in the providence and sovereignty of our glorious God and King, the Lord Jesus Christ.  He will provide for us, and we will continue to wait upon Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment